Searching LAG partners for transnational cooperation under PP 2014-2020 of CLLD / LEADER
The Regional Development Company of Parnonas SA, in the context of implementation the programming period 2014-2020, aims at transnational cooperation with the Local Action Groups (LAGs) in Greece and other EU countries, for knowledge- sharing, networking and stimulating external openness .
The 3 transnational projects which have been coordinated by our LAG are the following:
The purpose of transnational cooperation called “Malvasia Myth” is the emergence and spread of wine culture, and the interconnection of the tourist identity of the regions with their traditional products that have the quality and reputation and are directly linked to the area for development of gastronomic tourism. The Company Seeks cooperation with partners from five different Malvasia production areas, including education / academic institutions, professional bodies, etc., in order to:
- Utilizing the possible historical name of Malvasia wine
- Exploitation of viticulture and wine production of Malvasia in Mediterranean areas for networking and cooperation
You can find more information at the template form for transnational cooperation here “Malvasia Myth“.
PARKS PROTECTION III – Management, Protection and Economic Development in Protected Areas
The project «PARKS PROTECTION III» constitutes an evaluation of the transnational project «PARKS PROTECTION II», which was implemented during the previous program of LEADER (2007-2013).
The purpose of the project is the coexistence of human civilization and nature and linking of environmental education with the alternative tourism through the requirements of sustainable development. Tourism can serve as a bridge between economic development, protection and conservation of the environment. Tourism and environment (social, cultural and natural) are interrelated and together provide a sustainable economic base while creating “green” consciousness in the economy.
You can find more information at the template form for transnational cooperation here “Parks Protection III“.
«Short Mediterranean Stories II»
The project «Short Mediterranean Stories II» is an evaluation of the transnational project «Short Mediterranean Stories », which was implemented during the previous program of LEADER (2007-2013).
The project involves Mediterranean areas which have special features (culture, natural, man-made environment, history, architecture, tradition, gastronomy, events). The combination of these characteristics in each region can create a complete image of Mediterranean culture and simultaneously create an attractive high quality destination, which offers the opportunity of alternative / cultural tourism development.
In particular, the implementation of the Plan had the following specific objectives:
- establishment of institutions to areas and quality enhancement in the following events
- tourism and promotion of alternative and special tourist resources of each area
- promotion of local gastronomy and quality of local products,
- expansion of local and transnational groups (artists, scientists, chefs, entrepreneurs, etc.) dealing with institutions which create the Small Mediterranean Stories
- widen the Small Mediterranean Stories with new places, institutions and actions
- effective networking sites and develop cooperation and exchanges
- creating audiovisual material with particular artistic value, as an alternative tourist guide for the regions.
You can find more information at the template form for transnational cooperation here: “Short Mediterranean Stories II”.